Kalorik BL-17949 500-Watt 5-Speed Countertop Blender with 60-Ounce Glass Jar, Chrome Immediately

Posted by eleanora | Posted in , , , , , , | Posted on 10:11 AM


I bought this because a similar blender by Kalorik was highly rated by Cook's Illustrated.
With my first blender, the electronic controls seemed to work o.k., but after the second use I noticed a crack in the white plastic that holds the blades.
I sent it back and received a replacement one, and with this one the controls didn't work and the white plastic cracked again after the second use.
I had followed all of the instructions (except the ones that did not apply to my blender), and did not put anything very hot in the blender. I had to be able to plunge my finger into it for 5 seconds before I put it in the blender.
Another problem is that the base is wide at the bottom, so this is not good for small batches, such as an 8-12 oz. milkshake.
The instructions don't make any sense and contradict themselves.
The blender base looks cheap and has a flashing "pilot light" that is on whenever the base is plugged in. The instructions say to unplug the blender between uses, which you will want to do to stop the flashing light.
They also say not to ever disassemble the blades from the jar, which means that you won't be able to clean it adequately if you follow the instructions. Chances are that you won't keep it long enough to clean it carefully.

The two good things about the blender are the sturdy, but heavy, glass jar and the fact that it does a good job of pureeing cooked vegetables, including whole cooked tomatoes from my garden. There were some seed fragments left, but it did a pretty good job.

So, if you want a one-speed blender that holds a lot, works pretty well, and don't mind that the electronics don't work right, the manual makes no sense, and parts are made from cheap plastic that cracks easily, then this is the blender for you!

I wish I'd bought something else and saved my time and energy.Get more detail about Kalorik BL-17949 500-Watt 5-Speed Countertop Blender with 60-Ounce Glass Jar, Chrome.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment