Order Hamilton Beach 50205 BlendMaster 10-Speed Blender , Black

Posted by eleanora | Posted in , , , , , , | Posted on 10:11 PM


I just moved into my first apartment a few months ago, and purchased this blender to make the morning smoothie or winter soup. For those purposes, this blender is excellent. However, for things like breaking ice, the blades are not quite that powerful.

The Good:

1) This blender has ten speeds: HIGH: grate, ice breaker, milkshake, smoothie, and icy drink. LOW: Stir, aerate, puree, crumb, and chop.

2) This blender's glass jar flips, which does save a lot of room and is useful especially for smaller countertops...just don't lose the top!

The Bad:

1) After about 30 seconds of blending, this device emits a pungent smoke smell. At first, I was afraid the fire alarm would sound, but now I just blend in 30 second intervals, which is kind of a pain sometimes, but it's better than having the entire kitchen smell like smoke.

2) After a few months, my "high" button no longer seems to function. It doesn't stay down when pressed. Not being a professional cook, this doesn't bother me too much, but it's a little annoying.

3) There's no simple speed for 'mix.' Again being an amateur cook, I'd rather have a simple "mix" speed than "aerate," which I doubt I will ever use.


But all in all, for the price, this is a good blender. I think though, once this one has seen its days, I will invest in one that is more durable and user-friendly. Get more detail about Hamilton Beach 50205 BlendMaster 10-Speed Blender , Black.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment