Waring WPB01 Professional Kitchen Blender, Quite White Best Quality

Posted by eleanora | Posted in , , , , , , | Posted on 10:11 AM


I was enticed by the great price to buy this blender. My disappointment started as soon as I assembled it. The blade and its plasic base screw onto the bottom of the pitcher. This is good, it makes cleaning easier. But it took me forever to get the base to screw on. Instead of having actual threads (like a screw), it just has a few bumps in the plastic that are supposed to engage the threads molded into the glass pitcher. They're very hard to align, and if you tighten it just a little too far, it pops off. Also, the pitcher does not lock onto the motor when in use. It just sits there. This made me immediately leery of accidentally knocking it off while running. Also the motor emitted a bad ozone odor while running. Maybe this will go away after some use, but it was downright annoying. My wife kept saying "is it getting too hot?". But those complaints seem pretty minor compared with the trouble we had getting it to blend. The first thing we made was a fruit "smoothy": basically just crushed ice and fruit with some milk. It absolutely would not blend this mixture. As soon as you started it, a "bubble" would form around the blade and it would just spin. I had to stop and punch the mixture down around the blade every few seconds. Bad blade design? I don't know, but it took forever to make one fruit smoothy. I was really disappointed in this blender. Everything about it makes me think "cheap". I am now looking to buy something else.Get more detail about Waring WPB01 Professional Kitchen Blender, Quite White.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment