Cuisinart BFP-10CH PowerBlend Duet Blender and Food Processor, Chrome and Black Decide Now

Posted by eleanora | Posted in , , , , , , | Posted on 4:11 PM


I bought this model b/c I was actually looking for a food processor, but the rubber seal was missing on my blender that attached to the mixer. We used the blender, just knew that it would leak (and it was a pain to drag out the heavy mixer every time). So I figured I was getting 2 products out of the deal. I knew the reviews were iffy, but they were several years old and it has a 3 yr warranty, right? Well, add mine to the list of short lived. Mine died after 7 months.

I did use the food processor a lot in February 09 when I bought it. Then it sat on the counter until summer when we used the blender to make the occassional milkshake or fruit smoothie, maybe every other week or so. It worked fine until I tried to use it yesterday. Had it loaded with fresh strawberries, sugar, juice... pressed on, the light came on, pressed blend, the light came on, no noise. Over and over, same thing. I suppose the motor just died between the last use and now for no particular reason? So now the big debate. Pay $10 and try to get a new one, try to take it back (I bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond with a gift card from Christmas). Honestly, I don't see why I should have to pay shipping for something under warranty but that's another story - I can argue that with the "customer service". And who knows how long it will take. And do I even want another one knowing it has a short life?

I will say that while I had it, I liked it as other people did. Large clear containers held lots of ingredients. I was making hot chocolate mix in the food processor and it blended beautifully. Also used it to chop cookies for rum balls and for other jobs I used to use my Salad Shooter for. Now I'll have to decide whether to go back to the Salad shooter or get another food processor.

A few things I didn't like about the blender was mentioned in other reviews. It didn't seem to "settle" easily so you really had to push things down (ie fresh fruits, etc). Also, since the top is so wide and the pour spout is not deep, you had to pour slowly and guide it with a spoon or it'd plop everywhere but into the cup. Definitely improvements that can be made.

It is a shame that we come to these sites for reviews of products. It seems that most break in less than a year despite the warranty (if the warranty is more than a year that's a miracle in and of itself!). Sadly, Corporate America seems to think we are a throw away society when that's NOT the case for most of us. I would love to keep an item for many years. Hmmmm, maybe I should go searching the shelves of the Goodwill. For a couple bucks, I may find a blender that still works..... I do still have my no longer made leaky one!Get more detail about Cuisinart BFP-10CH PowerBlend Duet Blender and Food Processor, Chrome and Black.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment