Oster 12-Speed Blender Brushed Nickel - Red Metallic Best Quality

Posted by eleanora | Posted in , , , , , | Posted on 10:11 PM


I was quite pleased that the pitcher is made of thick, sturdy glass. But the base is an entirely different matter. In fact, it feels like this base belong with an entirely different Oster pitcher. While this pitcher feels heavy and solid, in contrast the base feels light, flimsy and plasticky. When the blender is on, the base vibrates and rattles in a loud, harsh way that is beyond what I'd expect for normal operation -- especially considering that the hardest thing I've put in the blender is pieces of frozen bananas for smoothies. It's as if the blender vibrates so wildly because it's so top-heavy -- the base just doesn't have the weight or sturdiness to properly absorb the vibrations from the heavy pitcher.

This blender has made a couple of dozen frozen banana smoothies for me without a problem, but it is disappointing that the base -- which looked to me like it would be heavy and sturdy -- is actually mostly plastic and vibrates wildly. I make a smoothie at least once a day, so I wouldn't be surprised if the base cracks or fails before very long. I guess I've learned my lesson; next time I will pay more for all-around solid construction.Get more detail about Oster 12-Speed Blender Brushed Nickel - Red Metallic.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment