Hamilton Beach 54158 14-Speed Blender with 56-Ounce Jar and SureRest Base, Black Get it now!

Posted by eleanora | Posted in , , , , , , | Posted on 7:11 AM


I purchased this blender off of Amazon because of the good reviews it received, which I can usually rely on, but not so much this time.

I bought it mainly to make baby food, but also wanted it for smoothies and iced coffee drinks as well. I've only made baby food in it as of today. I had to add a LOT of water for the blender to "puree" the apple pieces. ("Puree" is in quotes because it didn't exactly puree the apples, just chopped them up finely) Because of all the water I had to add to get the blender to work, I then had to strain the excess off, which isn't a HUGE problem, but I'm a work at home mom, I don't have lots of free time. ALSO, when the blender was running, it smelt like burnt plastic. Which is why I haven't tried making anything in it with ice yet. I mean, if it smells like burnt plastic when it's "puree"-ing something soft, like apples, how is it supposed to crush ice??

I gave this blender 3 stars, because it works ok for softer things, but the smell of burning plastic makes me a bit apprehensive about it's quality and how long it'll last. In heindsight, I wish I had bought a different brand.

**I have to edit this review, because this blender just broke. I used it less than a half dozen times, and the rubber rings at the bottom just fell apart and now it leaks all over the place. Do yourself a favor, spend a little more and get something that won't quit after less than a dozen uses!**Get more detail about Hamilton Beach 54158 14-Speed Blender with 56-Ounce Jar and SureRest Base, Black.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment